Thursday, March 31, 2011

pedicures and packing

Tomorrow is the day I have been looking forward to for quite some time. I am going to the Bahamas! So of course I had to prepare myself to relax for a week. Pedicures were first on my list. My mom and I indulged with a few friends at a local spa. The hardest part of the day was picking one color for my toes. I can never make up my mind. 
Later, while I let my toes dry, I packed for the anticipated warm weather. I love to pack! Picking out outfits for a week was so much fun! I cannot wait to wear all the bright colors, light weight fabrics and sandals. A tip I love to share when packing is to make outfits. First, I write out "must have" pieces to bring, then I make outfits from that. I don't just pack separate articles. I like to prepare myself for complete looks, and not worry too much on vacation. Once full outfits are put together (tops, bottoms, accessories) I lay them on my bed and go over the weeks plans. If I need to add layers, or possible changes I do so then.  And of course my puppy likes to help me. Here are some photos from the day...  












3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your comment, I have to tell you that your style is very inspiring too and I'm happy to follow your blog!
    hope that you enjoy your trip to the Bahamas ... to envy!
    I feel very happy if you check my other blog "Miss Vintage" and if you like that you become a follower!
    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so beautiful!

    Have a wonderful time on the trip! Oh how I wish I was going with you all! I can't wait to see your posts from the trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, this is so fun!!! yay for Bahamas! :) you pack just like me ;)

    miss you and lots of love,
    corinne

    ReplyDelete