Sunday, March 6, 2011

sweet blissness


Happy sweet tooth Sunday. Ben (my boyfriend) and I stopped by Sugar Bliss Cake Boutique today with our friends we are visiting. They were raving about this place so we had to see what it was all about. This simple shop makes you taste buds water as soon as you walk in. I couldn't choose from all of their options so I took four home with me to taste and share later. 
I went with the Texas Red Velvet (red velvet is my favorite!) a vanilla vanilla for Ben, a Hazelnut Chocolate  and Cinnamon Carrot for us to enjoy later tonight. 
They came in a cute little cupcake box to fit four; a safe home for the delicate treats. 
If you are ever in Chicago you must check this place out! 

Later in the day we took a walk together. The weather looked surprisingly nice to share with friends and get some exercise.  After yesterday's fiasco with the unwanted mini snow blizzard it was nice to get out and enjoy some very needed sunshine. To my suprise, it was WAY COLDER than it looked. My cheeks turned into ice packs stuck to my face. So this is what it looked like... 



I ended up adding a second coat, layering is my favorite. I think you can layer as much as you want as long as you keep things simple and thin layers on the bottom. That's my rule. 

(Earrings: Aldo, Jacket: Old Navy, Scarf: J.Crew, Shirt: J.Crew, Tank: Target, Leggings: Forever 21, Boots: Old Navy, Coat: BB DaKota) 

Enjoy the last few hours of the weekend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment