Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Dresscue Me" inspiration

My new favorite TV series "Dresscue Me" has inspired me to try vintage and thrifting. This show is AMAZING! It's about the life of Shereen Vintage, a store in L.A. (with a New York location as well) dressing women in affordable vintage pieces. The women in the store are so dedicated to each and every individual to find fabulous vintage pieces for every woman no matter the occasion. Shereen is able to give life to vintage style by adding her tailoring and turning lifeless piece to chic looks for any body. It's inspiring, and I can't wait to visit someday soon. 
This outfit was inspired by the idea of the show. I found this dress in an antique shop in Grand Rapids and made a few alterations myself. This dress used to have puffy sleaves and I took them off to create a more simple look. To keep the minimalism, I decided not to accessorize too much. This dress speaks for itself and I think it would get a little upset if I tried to take attention away from it. (That's right, I treat my clothes as if they have feelings)










(dress: vintage / bag: Lamb / shoes: DSW / jewelry: vintage)



11 comments:

  1. This dress is beautiful, and so are you! Let's go shopping this summer! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely shots... I totally sense the positive energy flowing from you. The dress is as sweet as fresh orange juice. Come see my Paris and tell you like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you style your hair. You should do a hair tutorials or something. :o)

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea Ginger. I'll have to start creating some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your blog! where are some good places you like to go thrifting in GR?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to go to East town Antiques, Scavenger Hunt, Goodwill and Salvation Army. In all of these places, you have to dig. But once you find something it is well worth the work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a cutie.
    Love the look and the entry. Will share with Shareen and she will be honored.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you! She is an inspiration and genius.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely agree you should do hair tutorials! you should also do one on how to make your feather earings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look absolutely gorgeous, and oh that dress....

    ReplyDelete