Thursday, October 6, 2011

guilty pleasure # 2: detox edition

From the time I was a little girl I remember my mom making us cookie dough and then eating it together. Not cookies, cookie dough. It was our little way of breaking the rules and spending time together. 
So today whenever I see cookies or cookie dough I am tempted to break the rules and grab a little scoop of the dough. Good news for us today! We don't have to feel that guilty about it anymore. I found a recipe that's semi-healthy and fun to scoop with friends.  

No Sugar Cookie Dough Dip - from Chocolate-Covered Katie 

Ingredients: 
  • 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
  • heaping 1/8 tsp salt
  • tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1 T plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T)
  • 1 and 1/4 cup pitted dates (I used SunMaid, from a regular grocery store)
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips (see link below, for sugar-free option)
  • 2 T oats (You can omit)
  • nondairy milk as needed (depending on the consistency you want. I used a few T.)
Directions:
In a bowl, cover the dates with 1/2 cup water. Let this sit for at least 8 hours. Then add all ingredients (including the dates’ soaking liquid), except chocolate chips, to a food processor and blend until very smooth.



1 comment: